Post new topic   Reply to topic    Acta Non Verba Forum Index -> Guild Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Harksar-
Trial

re: App: -Harksar-

The application submitted by -Harksar- is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Harksar
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : EU - English - Silvermoon
Level : 120
Faction : Alliance
Race : Kul Tiran
Class : Warrior
Spec 1 : Fury
Spec 2 : Arms

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

What class/spec are you interested in playing with us? Is offspec an option sometimes?:
Fury Warrior - Open to protection or even other classes.

Tell us about yourself (e.g. where you live, age, job, hobbies etc):::
Hello there! ActaAleaEst!

I am a 28 year old Brit currently living in Edinburgh, Scotland. I have recently graduated with a Masters in physics and I am now a self-employed delivery rider working to my own schedule. I am a keen runner, cyclist, climber, skier and mountaineer. I keep active for both my job and the British Army reserves, of which I have committed my weekends to for the past 5 years. As well as this, I enjoy both experiencing and create music and art, specifically the acoustic guitar and graphite pencils. I also enjoy reading a wide range of material, from World of Warcraft novels to Cold War history books, from comics to scientific papers on mathematics and physics. One of my favourite hobbies is having fun and spending time with the people that I care about, both in real life and within games. I hope to find here a community of people both like-minded and different to myself that I can enjoy one of my favourite and longest-standing hobbies, World of Warcraft, with. And potentially, even to make some long-lasting friends.

Many thanks in advance for reading through my application.

Optional: Do you know anyone in the guild?:
No

How did you hear about us?:
wowprogress.com

How long have you been playing WoW and have you taken any breaks from WoW? (if so, why?):
I have been playing World of Warcraft since 2005 but did not get into raiding until The Burning Crusade. I played regularly up until the end of Mists of Pandaria when I then began University. For the first few years I played casually and on and off as exams came and went until my PC unfortunately broke at the beginning of Legion. I have been without a PC up until very recently, sadly completely missing Legion and BFA until now.

What previous guilds have you been in and why did you leave?:
During Vanilla and the beginning of TBC, a good friend of mine and I jumped from guild to guild until we managed to settle into a social and raiding guild by the name of CTSamuari on Neptulon-EU. During our time in the guild, we met up IRL many times at conventions, LAN parties and each other's houses. Here we remained for nearly 12 years, up until shortly before I built my new PC after graduating a few months ago. Sadly, my friend who had now became guild and raid leader passed away and subsequently without him, the guild eventually fell apart. Following this I decided to rebuild my PC and return to WoW, but to start again with a new character on a new realm and hopefully with a new guild that I can once again call home.

We raid 22:00 – 00:00 Monday/Wednesday/Thursday. Can you make those times?:
True

What previous raid exp do you have? (Please only include content that was done while it was current) If that experience was on a different character, include the character's name and realm.:
I will be honest here and say that I have no recent raiding experience in lieu of what I have discussed before. During The Burning Crusade I raided as a protection and fury warrior (Harksar-Neptulon) up to Zul Aman timed runs, Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep, but never quite managing to kill Kael'thas. In Wrath of the Lich King, I raided as a Holy Paladin (Teanut-Neptulon) through Naxxaramas 10 and 25, Ulduar 10 and 25 and for part of the Trial of the Crusader before real life commitments took over. In Cata and MoP, I decided to scale back to normal and alt raids through the expansion and returned to my warrior. I missed the raiding aspects of WoD, Legion and BFA entirely. Unfortunately I have little to offer in the way of warcraft logs or AotC/CE achievements due to my recent return and multi-expansion hiatus. However, now that I have graduated and I am self employed with my own schedule, I want to experience raiding in this coming expansion like I have not been able to since The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.

What was your favourite WoW boss and why?:
This one is going to be silly, but The Opera Event from TBC Karazhan. At the time I thought it was so different and humorous and it fills me with nostalgia whenever I hear DBM shouting 'run away little girl'!

What do you expect from raiding with us?:
I don't have too many expectations, because I think that can negatively affect your enjoyment in anything if you're not open to things being different or changing! However, I do hope that the guild will provide a mature, friendly and encouraging environment in which to raid with. I see this as a place to have fun and to enjoy the company of people doing amazing things together. But I also hope that it will be an environment in which members are enthusiastic and have a team-conscious mentality. I also hope that this will be a place where criticism is dealt with intent of helping others, and if successful, I am certainly looking forward to being criticised a lot. After all, we all want to be better!

How do you feel about our approach to BoEs? (you have read the rules, right?):
I am happy with this system. I feel like this is a good compromise between benefiting the guild and benefiting individual members.

We use Discord during raids. Do you have a microphone and are you comfortable using it?:
Yes

What is the best video game of all time? Not including WoW::
Educationally and its contributions to the world, I'd say Minecraft. However, I'm a massive fan of Path of Exile.

Describe the role of your main spec in a raid. (Please don't simply say Tanking, Healing or Dpsing):
As a melee DPS, it is my responsibility to not only provide enough damage to pass dps checks on fights, but to also contribute to the mechanics of the boss. Be that killing adds, clicking boxes, avoiding both self-damaging or raidwide-damaging mechanics, all to contribute to the team work that goes into progressing raid content. I am but one cog in the machine, but like everyone, we are all individually vital, and it is vital that I am successful and do my best.

If you could change one thing in Wow, what would it be and why?:
The idea of borrowed power. From a game play perspective, I don't find it enjoyable to have temporary powers that last the duration of an expansion. Whereas previously I would look forward to class changes that gave me something new or changed how my class played, now I feel like essences and covenant abilities are tacked on and do not fit with the rest of my class. From a lore perspective, this breaks my immersion into the class fantasy and no longer has me feeling like my character is the one performing such incredible feats, but rather higher powers working through me with things such as the Heart of Azeroth, covenants, artifact weapons and so forth. But this is just merely my opinion!

Optional: Where do you get information about your class theorycrafting from?:
Icy-Veins, wowhead, and various YouTubers mostly.

Optional: please leave your battletag in case one of the officers need to speak with you regarding the app.:
Harksar#2620

Do you have any other applications pending?:
No

Enyas
Officer

re: APPROVED - App: -Harksar- - by Enyas

Hi, thanks for your application to the guild, the officers will discuss and get back to you soon! :)

Enyas
Officer

re: APPROVED - App: -Harksar- - by Enyas

Hi Harksar, we all really love your application, in general, your attitude and that think you'd fit in very well! We would like to offer you a trial - at this stage it wouldn't come into effect until Shadowlands as your character is a bit behind what we are currently working on, and I'm sure this is fine with you! 

Welcome aboard and whisper an officer for an invite :)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Acta Non Verba Forum Index -> Guild Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum