Post new topic   Reply to topic    Acta Non Verba Forum Index -> Guild Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ilathud
Trial

re: App: Ilathud

The application submitted by Ilathud is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Ilathud
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : EU - English - Silvermoon
Level : 120
Faction : Alliance
Race : Dwarf
Class : Death Knight
Spec 1 : Unholy
Spec 2 : Blood

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

What class/spec are you interested in playing with us? Is offspec an option sometimes?:
Unholy, with a a very much active Blood offspec

Tell us about yourself (e.g. where you live, age, job, hobbies etc):::
Hello everyone!

I know y'all have better things to do than listen to me singing you the story of my people in 5 chapters, so I'll try to keep it brief and relevant.

I'm a 30 year old dude from Poland and I'm looking for a new long term home. I have played WoW religiously since vanilla, with occasional breaks, but nowadays, with all that pesky adult things to take care of, and with a wife and a small kid, I obviously can't really spend 8 hours daily spamming dungeons. Oh well, you gotta take what you can get!

My job is so uninteresting that I would bore even myself talking about it, but as for hobbies, apart from gaming of course, I am an avid musician and play bass and a little drums. I am also familiar with at least 27 renditions of metal music, and can argue with you about them all they long, if that's your thing.
Oh, and I love puns.

As for the WoW part - I must stress that 1. this is a social application, but I do hope and will attempt to advance to a proper raider in the future (more on that in a moment) and 2. I am not even from Silvermoon! In fact, thus far I've played on Moonglade, a medium pop RP server, and the reason why I'm looking to move is that due to several factors, most notably the birth of my daughter almost a year ago, my playing time has taken a dramatic turn and now I can't play seriously and commit to anything before 10pm. I do like raiding, and I raided quite a bit in Legion, but in BFA I had to focus pretty much only on M+ and pugging, because there is not a -single- late evening raiding guild on my server.

Faced with the choice between staying where I am and never raiding in an organised manner again -or- finding a new place to call home that shares this late evening schedule, I decided on the latter... and here I am.

Now, this is a social application for the follwing reason:
I am rusty as hell. I haven't stepped foot in a mythic raid since Tomb of Sargeras (not counting farming Dazar'Alor for that sweet Jaina mount in 8.3), and throughout BFA I actually played a different toon (a paladin), so now I want treat Shadowlands as a soft reset, get back to my DK, remember how to swing that damned axe properly, -raid casually, normal and heroic- with a guild that does late evening raids (I heard you guys do have alt/relaxed raids once a week? Happy ) and once I feel I've got the hang of this again, then apply to a trial, prove myself, and become a proper raider, like in the days of old. All in all, I wouldn't even be able to do a proper trial with you guys right now, because my DK is horribly undergeared and has no place in anything above Normal for now.

That turned out long, didn't it? Darn, sorry for the wall of text Happy

So, all in all, I'm coming to Silvermoon as a stranger in a strange land, and I am hoping that with you fine people I could find a new place to call home.

ActaAleaEst, btw

Optional: Do you know anyone in the guild?:
No

How did you hear about us?:
Found recruitment ads on WoW forums

How long have you been playing WoW and have you taken any breaks from WoW? (if so, why?):
On and off since vanilla, with breaks usually caused by burn-out and occasional long term IRL commimtments. I skipped most of Cata and WoD, but played through pretty much everything else.

What previous guilds have you been in and why did you leave?:
My current and previous guild is Ebon Flame on Moonglade EU, and I described my reasons for leaving in the above section (I have nothing against the guild itself, heck, I'm gonna miss them, but at 10pm, when I log in, pretty much everyone has already logged off, so...)

We raid 22:00 – 00:00 Monday/Wednesday/Thursday. Can you make those times?:
True

What previous raid exp do you have? (Please only include content that was done while it was current) If that experience was on a different character, include the character's name and realm.:
Proper guild raiding in an organised and regular manner... Yeah, that's pretty much all in vanilla/TBC/Wrath - I've done most of that content back then.

After that it was mostly pugging and casual normals or heroics. I did foray into mythics in Legion, though never in any Cutting Edge business.

What was your favourite WoW boss and why?:
For the longest time that would be Yogg Saron, mostly due to awesome atmosphere and fooling around with fewer keepers than 4 - old style hard modes! Who remembers those?

After BFA I gotta say though that Jaina Proudmore is one of the most epic raid encounters I've ever experienced. It's like, I -know- she's going to teleport and freeze the ocean around her, I've seen her do it many, many times, but it STILL makes my jaw drop. Plus I loved the mechanics of avoiding freezing to death by hugging other people in small groups.

What do you expect from raiding with us?:
A decent balance between taking ourselves seriously and quite the opposite! Happy

What I ean is, of course we're here to score some kills and get the shinies, so let's cut back on the nonsense when focus is needed. But then if we crack a joke or two between attempts and not crucify someone for making a stupid mistake, cos you know, we're all humans, that would be great too!

How do you feel about our approach to BoEs? (you have read the rules, right?):
Understandable, I have nothing against that.

We use Discord during raids. Do you have a microphone and are you comfortable using it?:
Yes and yes, though sometimes I have to whisper when the baby is restless ;)

What is the best video game of all time? Not including WoW::
With over 1000 hours played, I gotta say Crusader Kings 2!

Describe the role of your main spec in a raid. (Please don't simply say Tanking, Healing or Dpsing):
Normally I'd say "make things go boom", cos you know, Unholy, but all in all, this is kinda the gist of it, right? Unholy DKs excel in AoE, so you can expect me to dish out some ridiculous burst on fights like the Hive Mind. There's also the occasional utility of Death Grip.

If you could change one thing in Wow, what would it be and why?:
Simple - LESS RNG

Optional: Where do you get information about your class theorycrafting from?:
Class discord primarily, but also wowhead and icyveins

Optional: please leave your battletag in case one of the officers need to speak with you regarding the app.:
Donutello#2470

Do you have any other applications pending?:
No

MiK!

re: APPROVED - App: Ilathud - by Enyas

Hi Hi,

Cheers for the application, nice to see a nicely written one (I love epically long ones) nice see a older applicant who plays bass and throws in iron maiden song title too,  even tho you’re a Doorf I’m sure Enyas/Raeken will get back to you in “short” order :P

Feanorris

Nice application idd!

Hope you'll get a spot and become a clansman! ;)

Heheh Norris, being on silvermoon from a super quiet server is like a “Brave New World” ;)

Ilathud
Trial

Thank you all for the kind words, please bear in mind that I still have not transferred so for any chats/communication in game, please use my battle tag :)

I was planning to transfer my toon some time next week, once I have, um, "final confirmation" that I will have somewhere to go <.<

Enyas
Officer

Hey sorry for the delay, will get back to you within next day or so :)

Enyas
Officer

We are pleased to accept your application as a social member with a view to raid come shadowlands. Whisper any officer for an invite when you arrive in Silvermoon! Welcome aboard! :)

Ilathud
Trial

Thank you very much, very happy to hear that! :)

I'll get my affairs in order, say my farewells, and transfer within a couple days. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Acta Non Verba Forum Index -> Guild Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum