Post new topic   Reply to topic    Acta Non Verba Forum Index -> Guild Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tercar

re: App: Tercar

The application submitted by Tercar is as follows:

Quote:
What class/spec are you applying with?:
Mistweaver Monk

Please provide an armory link::
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/frostmane/coln

How old are you?:

What are you like?:
Friendly dad of 3. I play wow to relax at the end of the day. Not too loud but can be a piss-taker when the opportunity presents itself. Love a podcast and listening to oldies (80's-90's)... because i am old!!

Do you know anyone in the guild?:
No

How long have you been playing WoW and have you taken any breaks from WoW? (if so, why?):
I first subbed at the end of 2008 and with a few breaks I have been subbed since then. I have had 2-3 times when i have took breaks of a couple of months. Mostly when real life things need some attention.

What previous guilds have you been in and why did you leave?:
British Raven Guard - Alonsus - played Lock and Resto Shammy
First Guild ever! Did Kara through to SCC in TBC and Naxx to ToC in WotLK. Guild raiders split in ICC.

Reproba Vir - Alonsus - Resto Shammy
ICC. I moved to RV to play with a friend I knew from old. Left RV as the BRG raiders had re-formed a new guild and they were pushing more progression at the time.

Nocturnal - Alonsus - Disco Priest and Mistweaver Monk
Cata & Mists. We were a solid guild on Alonsus offering the late night (9pm 12am UK time) raiding but toward the last months of Mists loads of players left. I took a month off and also spent some time leveling a few alts etc. I hoped that connected realms would bring the guild back to life. It didn't. I decided to move realm.

Fiction - Kilrogg - Mistweaver & Balance Druid
I moved for the start of WoD. Boosted a Monk and started again. I still have a number of toons there but I haven't raided since jan/feb as the start times (8pm) just got too hard to commit to as they are too early for me. Plus the 3 hour raid slot was also difficult and starting to impact on me IRL. Your later times a shorter raid sound perfect.

On Frostmane I made a couple of characters a year or so back as a place to chill away from my main guild. Recently I play Coln and have been doing a few end of expac achievements. Leveling fishing and snagging the awesome Field Medic title all ready to go for BfA!

Are you able to raid from 22:00 – 00:00 Monday/Wednesday/Thursday?:
True

What previous raid exp do you have? (Please only include content that was done while it was current) If that experience was on a different character, include the character's name and realm.:
In WoD & Legion I have experience to Heroic level.

conch kilrogg - has my Legion
singas kilrogg - has my WoD

Older toons with

coln Alonsus - has Mists
job alonsus - has cata
plasticpig kilrogg - has ICC (realm xfer)

What was your favourite WoW boss and why?:
Shade of Aran in original Kara was a favourite. I remember it being a big thing when we killed him back in the day.
Garalon in Mists. We wiped 100+ times on the big fella before a kill so that was sweet when he finally fell over.

What do you expect from raiding with us?:
I read the rules (ActaAleaEst) and that all seems good to me.

I want to get back to doing what I love most in raiding - which is healing. Being part of a solid healing team that knows their roles is awesome.

Organised raids with a schedule that I can plan real life around sounds perfect - as do the later starts and 2 hour duration.

I am definitely not expecting to walk into a raid spot as I know that my recent raid experience is not super awesome. I am happy to join up - social if that's where I have to start - and earn a place. Leveling with you guys in BfA would be cool.

Are you sure you have read the rules thoroughly?:
Yes

How do you feel about our current loot system?:
Looks fine

Optional bonus: Would you like to show us your UI? (paste a postimage.org link):
im using the standard ui atm as i am not currently raiding

Optional bonus: Can you link some recent logs?:
same as above

We use Discord during raids. Do you have a microphone and are you comfortable using it?:
I used discord on my phone which seemed to work well. I can get a mic if that is better.

What is the best video game of all time? Not including WoW::
Street Fighter 2 or Age of Empires. So hard to choose.

Describe the role of your main spec in a raid. (Please don't simply say Tanking, Healing or Dpsing):
As part of the healing team I will check with the healing officer to know who is doing what (tank heals, raid heals, cool down usage rotations, soaking etc). I am clear then on what my role is.

Knowledge of when / if there are any special mechanics I will need to cover.

As Mistweavers looks like we are getting back to fistweaving I will also be dpsing when safe to do so in low damage periods, or for mana back if I have been spamming.

If you could change one thing in Wow, what would it be and why?:
Super connected realms - sometimes it's like playing a single player game, especially at the end of expansions.

Optional: Where do you get information about your class theorycrafting from?:
Monk - i like Peak of Serenity. I loved Gebuz's guide when i was balance. MMo forums, Wowhead. Youtube vids

Optional: please leave your battletag in case one of the officers need to speak with you regarding the app.:
Tercar 2510

Feanorris

re: APPROVED - App: Tercar - by Goneril*

Thnx for application.

Since we are on an early summer break, refueling and resparking for BfA forum activity is a bit lower so took longer then usual for response. Officers will look in to your application and someone will poke you in game for a chat.

PS
Replying as a former part of Guild management team and someone who really feels with your very start of application. Yes, I am old as well! :P

Thanks for letting me know Feanorris.

Happy to talk in game :)

Gonerill
Goneril*
Officer

Heya, replying as part of current management too - like Norris, I like your app and would be happy to meet you in game for a bit - I´ve sent you a btag request as Goneril and hope to see you online soon :)

If you need me, feel free to poke me at Goneril#2442

When you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.
Scorpio76 - Billy
Raider

Stop calling 42 years OLD! We are young! :P

What he said

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum