Post new topic   Reply to topic    Acta Non Verba Forum Index -> Guild Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forwardhorn

re: App: Forwardhorn

The application submitted by Forwardhorn is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Nathan
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : EU - English - Auchindoun
Level : 100
Faction : Alliance
Race : Human
Class : Warrior
Spec 1 : Protect
Spec 2 : Fury

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

What is your character´s name?:
Forwardhorn

What class/spec are you applying with?:
Protection

Please provide an armory link::
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/Forwardhorn/simple

How old are you?:

Tell us about yourself (e.g. where you live, your job, your hobbies etc)::
I suffer from depression plus I'm dyslexic but due to my mental health issues I am unemployed which sucks, other than that I am a quiet person who enjoys raiding and progression. I may not talk but I just simply enjoy being around people having a laugh I'll join in now and again but otherwise I'm very quiet, it's just my nature (sorry). Other than that I enjoy gaming it helps a lot with my condition, makes me sort of not feel as bad(?) I adore animals and I'm fascinated by history as a whole. I am capable of building and repairing various electronics if you put it in front of me and tell me "Figure it out" given time I will.

I want to mention that I'm mostly looking to raid during legion. I can if needed raid currently with my death knight and I have no issue with transferring server.

Uh was told to put "ActaAleaEst" in here?

Do you know anyone in the guild?:
No

Why do you want to join AnV?:
I'm looking for a friendly guild to raid with in legion and your times are perfect for me along with you look like a friendly group

How long have you been playing WoW and have you taken any breaks from WoW? (if so, why?):
I've been playing since the end of TBC, didn't raid till WotLK, I've taken numerous breaks due to either finicial or just generally losing interest after long expo's. Other than that I've played various roles and I find that I tend to switch between melee DPS or tank. Mostly I enjoy tanking.

My gear on my warrior isn't that great due to not raiding this expo on him as I've been playing on my death knight whose gear if it's relevant is here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/Hatknighted/simple

How did you hear about Acta non Verba?:
WoW forums

What previous guilds have you been in and why did you leave?:
So many to sort of mention, I suppose for this expo I've been in two first one I cannot remember the name but it disbanded and I then joined T J P F and ended up taking a break for a year came back and they more or less effectively said they didn't want / need me. So I'm currently leaving.

Are you able to raid from 22:00 – 00:00 Monday/Wednesday/Thursday?:
True

What previous raid experience do you have? (Please only include content that was done while it was current) If that experience was on a different character, include the character's name and realm.:
I've raiding since WotLK starting with naxxramas all the way to the end of the expo with my warrior. (Which I'm applying with) Cataclysm is sort of when I switched to tanking and enjoyed it. I didn't raid at all during Mists as I took a break and then here we are in warlords and I've raided on my death knight from the start as DPS, I eventually took a break again mostly due to finicial reasons and here we are today.

What was your favourite WoW boss and why?:
Hanz and Franz, due to the voice actors.

Why do you want to raid?:
I suppose because I enjoy it, I enjoy the whole progression of raiding and trying to beat a boss that we've been stuck on for weeks and finally having that satisfaction of downing it.

What do you expect from raiding with AnV?:
a friendly envioroment in which I can enjoy raiding and constructive critism if I mess up or do something wrong.

Are you sure you have read the rules thoroughly?:
Yes

How do you feel about our current loot system?:
I have no issues and it seems fair

How do you prepare for a raid?:
I make sure to have my flasks and food at the ready and usually try and be online half an hour early to get to the summon stone.

Optional bonus: Would you like to show us your UI? (paste a postimage.org link):
Currently working on my UI a bit currently, can post if needed

We use Teamspeak during raids. Do you have a microphone and are you comfortable using it?:
Yes

What is the best video game of all time? Not including WoW::
I personally love Crusader Kings 2 where I have over 3,000 hours played.

Describe the role of your main spec in a raid. (Please don't simply say Tanking, Healing or Dpsing):
I enjoy being at the front of the fight taunting and brawling with the boss keeping it and various other nasties off other and smacking them in the face with my shield.

If you could change one thing in Wow, what would it be and why?:
LFR, it's far too easy and doesn't resemble anything of raiding.

Who do you get information about your class theorycrafting from?:
icyvains / AskMrRobot

Optional: please leave your battletag in case one of the officers need to speak with you regarding the app.:
TendsToRant#2205

Snøwfury
Raider

re: DECLINED - App: Forwardhorn - by Snøwfury

Hi Forwardhorn, many thanks for the app, the officers will discuss it and get back to you asap

DISCLAIMER: Cheese jokes are grater than others. Snow#23454
Velvetgeisha

Where are you from? :) 

Hi, thanks look forward to hearing from you all, I just want to stress that I'm mostly applying for legion.

Forwardhorn

Velvetgeisha wrote:

Where are you from? :) 

Knew I forgot something vital, I'm from the UK. Sorry.

Feanorris

Many Brits here (I'm not one of you! :p ), I believe Velvet was expecting more details there ;)

Please be Scottish, please! :p wtb more

Forwardhorn

Enyas wrote:

Irish / English, don't have my accent anymore. I live in Chester on the border to wales.

Velvetgeisha

Forwardhorn wrote:
Enyas wrote:

Irish / English, don't have my accent anymore. I live in Chester on the border to wales.

Southern Irish??? I'm from Northern Ireland :)

Velvetgeisha wrote:

My Grandfather was from northern Ireland right on the border I believe, his accent was so thick and with me being around him all the time I picked it up. I had to go to speech therapy to get rid of it as no one could understand me.

Velvetgeisha

Forwardhorn wrote:
Velvetgeisha wrote:

My Grandfather was from northern Ireland right on the border I believe, his accent was so thick and with me being around him all the time I picked it up. I had to go to speech therapy to get rid of it as no one could understand me.

Wouldnt worry I had to translate Enyas to "English" because these eejits didn't understand her Scottish accent... :p

Why did you puy in your first armory link a link of a Druid?:P

Forwardhorn

Chinchanmich wrote:

Why did you puy in your first armory link a link of a Druid?:P

Honestly, I didn't realise till you mentioned this is my warrior and this is my death knight. Not sure why it's appearing as a druid.

Snøwfury
Raider

Hi Forwardhorn, unfortunately we have to decline your app for now, we have over 40 raiders on the roster for legion as it stands today and we feel that's enough.

If you're still looking for a new guild after launch please feel free to reapply here.

Best of luck

DISCLAIMER: Cheese jokes are grater than others. Snow#23454
Camelboy Janger
Alt

Velvetgeisha wrote:
Forwardhorn wrote:
Velvetgeisha wrote:

Wouldnt worry I had to translate Enyas to "English" because these eejits didn't understand her Scottish accent... :p

To my defense Velvet, I understand what Enyas says. is it okay to say FU tompa here also ?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Acta Non Verba Forum Index -> Guild Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum