Post new topic   Reply to topic    Acta Non Verba Forum Index -> Guild Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Zooxs - Social/Legion

Character info:
Name :
Zooxs
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : EU - English - Frostmane
Level : 100
Faction : Alliance
Race : Human
Class : Paladin
Spec 1 : Retribution
Spec 2 : Protection

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

For some reason wow heroes is not working for me atm.

What is your character´s name?:
 Zooxs

What class/spec are you applying with?:
 Paladin: Retri & Holy
 Mage: w/e spec
 Shaman: Enhancement
 DK: Frost & Unholy
 Monk: Windwalker

Please provide an armory link::
Paladin Mage Shaman DK Monk

How old are you?:

Tell us about yourself (e.g. where you live, your job, your hobbies etc)::
Well, my name is Thomas, 27 yo and im from The Netherlands.
Atm im studying Hotel Management in The Netherlands and just came back from my 6 months internship in London. That leaves 2 more years before i get my degree. I work in one of the biggest chains of hotels in The Netherlands and have been there for over 8 years now, planning to grow within the company as soon as the situation lets me.
Obviously one of my hobbies is gaming in general but besides that I like to spend as much time with my friends, work out in the gym (which gonna be needed after drinking pints for half a year) and the basic stuff like going to the movies etc. Oh and im lvl 21 in PokemonGo!

Do you know anyone in the guild?:
Pandule, i dont know if this is positive tough.

Why do you want to join AnV?:
Like is stated in the title, I would like to join as a social and if possible join the roster for legion raids. Its been around 10 months ago our (pandule was there as well) guild Havøk disbanned and after that i basicly lost all social contact with the guildies and left playing the game on my own. This wasnt rly a good experience so the reason why i am applying is to join another social group of people to hang out with and get back that feeling of playing in a group again. After a chat with pandule and one of the officers, Gonerill, i was asured that AnV had a good environment within the guild.

How long have you been playing WoW and have you taken any breaks from WoW? (if so, why?):
Like i sayd before, ive started playing since the vanilla beta. Cant rly recall that ive been on a break so far:)

How did you hear about Acta non Verba?:
From Pandule.

What previous guilds have you been in and why did you leave?:

You are testing my memory with this one, but here it goes.

Vanilla - Alliance - Knight's of Apocalypse: guild leader stopped playing so he decided to disban the guild. After that the core of the old raiding team formed a new guild called Dark Myth which i joined as well.
TBC - Alliance - Xplicit: the mayority of this expansion i was a member of Xplicit. Stayed in here for the whole remainder of the expansion.
WOTLK - Horde - Xplicit: Because of an overpopulated realm we had an option to switch realms so the whole raidteam did so and we thought it was an opertunity to experience the different faction as well. We transferred to Tarren Mill horde and continued the guild here up till the near end of the expansion where we saw a lack of motivation from the members and the gm and officers decided to part ways. This left the guild without any captain so i took my leave as well.
Cataclysm - Alliance - Picture This: Wanted to try a shot at leading a guild myself me and some friends from former guilds got back together and we started PT. We started of pretty good and it was a great experience, including some end tier hc's, but we didnt manage to keep the guild rolling untill the end of the expansion. After we stopped raiding i joined some friends in Huhuholics.
MOP - Alliance - zZ Insomnia Zz: Because of work and the fact i wasnt able to raid during the evening i joined a late night raiding guild. Because of lack of motivation within the guild and no initiative regarding the set up of events i decided to leave this guild because it didnt felt as alive as i would have hoped it to be. Then again, its a mid night raid guild so what was i expecting.
WoD - Alliance - Havøk: Because i wanted to raid again and one of my friends which i met in former guilds wanted the same, we came up with the plan to give it one more shot at managing a guild. Havøk was born and, although we started of quite late in comparison to other guilds, progress was a pretty good succes. To bad though some guildmembers didnt feel the same and wanted a even quicker pase of progress so they ended up leaving. This led to the guild slowely falling apart and has been sitting on in-active up till tday.

Are you able to raid from 22:00 – 00:00 Monday/Wednesday/Thursday?:
Yes

What previous raid experience do you have? (Please only include content that was done while it was current) If that experience was on a different character, include the character's name and realm.:
Pretty much raided every tier up till 14. I wasnt very active raiding wise during the begin tier of MoP. And apart from co-leading my own guild in WoD i raided casually.

What was your favourite WoW boss and why?:
Ragnaros. Big boss at the end of my first raid dungeon. 40 ppl spreading around him in a big ass cave seeing all these spells and abilities beeing thrown at him just looked amazing. I think i got permanent hearing dmg from the first kill btw. Vaelastrasz in BWL was good as well. We were stuck on the bastard for 2 months....

Are you sure you have read the rules thoroughly?:
ActaAleaEst

How do you feel about our current loot system?:
Fine

How do you prepare for a raid?:
Dungeon Journal, FatBoss videos, Food, BUffs, Enchants & Gear optimized using icy-veins and askmrrobot.

We use Teamspeak during raids. Do you have a microphone and are you comfortable using it?:
Yes

What is the best video game of all time? Not including WoW::
Modern warfare 2. Ive had such a good time playing that game with my mate. Battlefield Vietnam #2 for the same reason.

Describe the role of your main spec in a raid. (Please don't simply say Tanking, Healing or Dpsing):
Retri paladin. Apart from the obvious, ive allways seen paladin as a support class no matter what spec i was playing. For this reason i keep my raidframes in eyesight at all times and supportive spells and abilities in comfortable places on the keyboard in case someone needs a quick bubble of LoH.

If you could change one thing in Wow, what would it be and why?:
I guess i would change back the faction restriction on paladins and shamans. It just felt like there was a difference between the factions back in vanilla.

Who do you get information about your class theorycrafting from?:
For that kind of info i mostly check out icy-veins or mmo-champion.

Feanorris

Thanks for applying Zooxs, we'll discuss it and get back to you soon.

Bare in mind that we are on a break atm and that it may take a bit longer then usual to get some proper reply.

Yeh dont worrie, take your time.  Im not in a rush

Pandule
Raider

Raided with this guy back in havøk and stayed friends with him afterwards. I'm sure he'll fit in perfectly with us/be a positive influence in what we do.

As for being friends with me, don't hold it against him, he didn't know any better at the time.

Velvetgeisha

Pandule wrote:

Raided with this guy back in havøk and stayed friends with him afterwards. I'm sure he'll fit in perfectly with us/be a positive influence in what we do.

As for being friends with me, don't hold it against him, he didn't know any better at the time.

You think he can handle Tompa? xD

Do you know anyone in the guild?: 
Pandule, i dont know if this is positive tough 

Love it! lol

I dont know who Tompa is but i can tell you i will confront any challenge head-on!

Camelboy Janger
Alt

I can assure you that your mind will either explode or you will have permanent brain fart moments when you get to meet tompa :D

Gonerill
Goneril*
Officer

Hello Zooxs,

your application has been accepted, welcome to the guild and please poke any officer online for an invitation.

Sorry about the wait time, we had our first officer meeting last week and needed to clear up how to approach your application there. Since you are a friend of Pandule, you are invited as a social member even though recruitment is officially closed at the moment and once recruitment is reopened (it will reopen when we start raiding in Legion), you will be able to start trial and progress to full-fledged raider - good luck!

If you need me, feel free to poke me at Goneril#2442

When you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.

Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity. Glad to be on board:)

Gonerill
Goneril*
Officer

Also, please make an account on the forums and poke me to give you site member access please :)

If you need me, feel free to poke me at Goneril#2442

When you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Acta Non Verba Forum Index -> Guild Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum