Post new topic   Reply to topic    Acta Non Verba Forum Index -> Guild Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xience
Trial

re: App: Xience

The application submitted by Xience is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Xaltie
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : EU - English - Silvermoon
Level : 120
Faction : Alliance
Race : Night Elf
Class : Druid
Spec 1 : Hybrid

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

What class/spec are you interested in playing with us? Is offspec an option sometimes?:
Anything! I have 6-7 capped charas on Silvermoon

Tell us about yourself (e.g. where you live, age, job, hobbies etc):::
Hi, I'm known as Xaltie or Ez, depending on the Character you know me best for, I am from Cambridge England and live with my wife and 2 little girls. I work full time as a construction planner and I have just finished my degree which I completed whilst working full time (5 year course!)
My main hobby (other than wow) is watching Football, I have a season ticket for Liverpool and go to most home league games.

Also ActaAleaEst

Optional: Do you know anyone in the guild?:
No

How did you hear about us?:
World of Warcraft Forums

How long have you been playing WoW and have you taken any breaks from WoW? (if so, why?):
I started playing wow in 2007 during tbc, I played all the way through tbc and wotlk, I took a break at the end of wotlk and came back during firelands in cata, this was mainly just because I was moving away from home etc. and met my now wife so had a lot less time, after cata I again took a break until the announcement of legion (although i logged on occasionally and leveled the odd toon) so I played the end of wod and joined a mythic guild, since legion launch i have basically played non-stop until the end of antorus as I was finishing my degree and working full time every waking moment was spent on those.

What previous guilds have you been in and why did you leave?:
Of note I had my own guild at the start of legion which disbanded after EN as some raiders wanted to go more hardcore and some less (the old tank is now in <future>), then I joined another guild where I made a really good friend and we ended up creating <Distinctly Average> and raided with them until late antorus where I took the break mentioned above due to my personal time constraints, I would rejoin them (and have been offered) but I am unable to make the times they now raid.

We raid 22:00 – 00:00 Monday/Wednesday/Thursday. Can you make those times?:
True

What previous raid exp do you have? (Please only include content that was done while it was current) If that experience was on a different character, include the character's name and realm.:
Recent Exp : EN 7/7M, NH 6/10M, ToS 5/9M, AtbT 9/11M I think i have a few mythic kills this expac but nothing of note, 1 or 2 in Uldir & BfD

Characters are various as I generally multi classed, I could find the charas with the achievements if required, I know that "Xalti" on Silvermoon was the one I played during AtbT

What was your favourite WoW boss and why?:
Wow, that is a hard question... I loved Tichondrius, mainly due to how much is going on and the utter shitshow of the intermission phase everyone running about and people blowing up the bats, I feel like that boss had a little bit of everything. I mean it's close between a few but if i had to choose 1 then that one (also i played an ele sham during that so yer chain lightning)

What do you expect from raiding with us?:
Hopefully an organised fun place to raid and push ourselves, I like that you mentioned in the rules about waking kids! (not that I plan to take advantage of that) but it means that rather than just saying "adult friendly" you actually are.

If I'm honest as well I do think that it might take a little while to settle in due to how long you guys have known each other and how close you all are, but after time I hope to be a part of that as well.

How do you feel about our approach to BoEs? (you have read the rules, right?):
BoE's are hard aren't they, the "right" thing to do is give them to the bank but when that 1mil gold boe drops for you it hurts! I like your way as it kind of gives the best of both worlds, and if you want it you get it for 80% of value from the bank, makes sense

Optional bonus: Would you like to show us your UI? (paste a postimage.org link):
I can't right now because i'm at work, however its pretty bog standard nothing unusual

Optional bonus: Can you link some recent logs?:
I cannot link recent logs, I have some healing logs from antorus? https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/silvermoon/xaltie?zone=17&new=true if you want some more I could try to locate some but my characters are all over the place

We use Discord during raids. Do you have a microphone and are you comfortable using it?:
Yes I have discord, yes I have a mic, yes i'm comfortable using it, I won't talk too much though as my daughters room is next to the "study" happy to use where required though

What is the best video game of all time? Not including WoW::
Final Fantasy (8 is my favorite)

Describe the role of your main spec in a raid. (Please don't simply say Tanking, Healing or Dpsing):
Depending on what you would prefer I play, but for arguments sake lets say DPS; my main priority is to ensure that nothing I do disrupts anyone else or puts them at risk (positioning etc.), then it is don't die, then to ensure that I am covering my duties (soaks etc.), see if there is anything I can do to help the raid, such as immune a mechanic or run further away with a aoe or a pool, finally dps to the best of my ability

If you could change one thing in Wow, what would it be and why?:
Master Looter, I just think that guild groups are best positioned to give gear in the right places, guilds that don't, don't last.

Optional: Where do you get information about your class theorycrafting from?:
Class discord and website (if it exists) after that other players and personal testing

Optional: please leave your battletag in case one of the officers need to speak with you regarding the app.:
My discord is Ez#6468 i will give my battletag later tonight over discord if required

Do you have any other applications pending?:
No

Enyas
Legend

re: APPROVED - App: Xience - by Enyas

Hi Xaltie, and thank you for your application to the guild! The officers will take a look at it in the meantime and might contact you, good luck :)

EdiT: THANK YOU!! Final Fantasy 8 was my favourite too, good taste ;)

Xience
Trial

Thanks for the update! Youre the first person I've spoken to who also prefers 8, so many prefer 7 (both great) 

Solferin
Raid Leader

8 all the way...btw they made a remaster  :P :) but yeah Lion Heart ftw....gl with your app :))

Enyas
Legend

Accepted after chat, will be maining as mage and trial starts once at suitable gear level! :)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Acta Non Verba Forum Index -> Guild Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum