Post new topic   Reply to topic    Acta Non Verba Forum Index -> Guild Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hamary
Raider

re: App: hamary

The application submitted by hamary is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Hamary
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : EU - English - Aggramar
Level : 120
Faction : Alliance
Race : Dwarf
Class : Warrior
Spec 1 : Arms
Spec 2 : Protect

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

What class/spec are you interested in playing with us? Is offspec an option sometimes?:
(Note: my character Hamary is currently in Aggramar server. I’m planing to change server if my application is approved.) :: Warrior - dps spec. Have been playing mostly Arms in Bfa but played Fury about 70% of time during my wow experience. Offspec as a Tank I occasionally do it but not so often lately. I played Tank offspec mostly back in the days of vanilla - wotlk in raids and dungeons.

Most of us have families, kids, jobs, weird hobbies. A lot of us come from Serbia,Croatia, Benelux and the UK. what are you like?:
I'm from Portugal living in O'Porto, my real name is Pedro and I'm 33 years Old (jesus I feel old now).
I have a university degree in Digital Arts, a course in Graphic Design and atm I work as video editor / creative designer in a photography & video company for about 6 years. I did Erasmus exchange student back in 2007 and live in Finland for about a year.

As a person I believe I'm a honest person as best as possible. I'm enthusiastic and emotive, I may not show it but I'm. My job takes a lot of my time and I’m not even married yet :P Apart from work I'm more less in envolve a international community related to environment / looking for new ways to solve issues, etc etc.. ooO and I like to dance! Not doing so must as I used to but I do like it ^.^

I believe one of my characteristics is the ‘my enthusiasm' to the things I really enjoy and I usually put of lot of me on it. I jump in all the way without reservations and don't gave up quickly. That would probably be my best addition to the Guild. Determination, enthusiasm and work to push forward in the game.

By the way I only play with 1 character! Yea I don't have any alts, nope not at all! For some reason I really like to stick with one character and explore the most of it in game. I also don’t have free time to real invest in another max lvl character. I like the role of melee dps and been playing it since I the start in wow. I enjoy tank now and then on a occasional basis.

Optional: Do you know anyone in the guild?:
No

How long have you been playing WoW and have you taken any breaks from WoW? (if so, why?):
I started to play WoW back in Vanilla up until mid WotLK more less. At the time I started to work and I had to leave the game. (Made a break in BC for few mouths due to move to Finland to study)
Latter on (when I got used to the "working life") I start playing SWTOR for 3-4 years. I left Sart Wars and decided to come back to WoW at the end of Warlords in preparation for Legion.
In legion/bfa I only took the usual small breaks in Christmas / holidays nothing major.

What previous guilds have you been in and why did you leave?:
My current guild it's called Ressonance at Aggramar server and I have been there since Tomb of Sargeras. The reason I’m considering to leave it's not because of the people or any issue in-game, I made good friends in this guild. It's simply because most of the raiding team is taking a loooong break, some leaving the game others just playing different games with no perspective to come back any time soon. Many will stay on 'break' at lest until 8.2 or a new expansion. With people dropping out, the guild it's not able to put a mythic team going and hardly going to push must heroic in 8.1, maybe clear it and call it a day for some time.

Before this guild I was in Silvermoon server on a guild called Old and I left for similar reasons, not so many people leaving but some changing to horde others taking long breaks and the guild decided to stop raiding.
Before this I spend some time in 2-3 guilds trying to find my place as a ‘returning player’, with some merge guild in between. However those guilds few weeks before the release of a major patch just break down, people leave and go inactive. Old was the best guild I was in Silvermoon where I had good times in mythic.

After this situations with guilds breaking apart I got a bit tierd and decided to find a stable guild to stay for long term. I really hate been jumping from guild to guild, specially because guilds break apart. Sadly my current guild it's more inactive at the moment, the core is together yes but it's playing difrent games not wow.
Another reason it’s the current schedule change, in an attempt to have more people available to raid guild changed raid time to 21:00 server time. I can make it in time, but it makes my life a lot harder and I need to rush home after work to be on time. Starting to raid around 22:00 server it's perfect for me.

Bit of the old days in wow. As I mention I was a returning player in Legion, 7 years was a long time way from a game ! Happy
Back in Vanilla until Wotlk I raided most of the time in a guild called Keepers of Azeroth, for a period of time in BC called Synergy (in the Ajzol Nerub server). In other games (SWTOR) my guild was May the Schwartz be with You, I didn’t exactly left the guild I stopped play the game. I was with then more than 2 and half years.

We raid 22:00 – 00:00 Monday/Wednesday/Thursday. Can you make those times?:
True

(if not, please note any times you cannot raid)::
(Yes I can. may occasional only be able to raid 2 nights, but it's usually rare a thing).

What previous raid exp do you have? (Please only include content that was done while it was current) If that experience was on a different character, include the character's name and realm.:
This is all with same charecter: Hamary

- Uldir: Heroic 8/8 & Mythic 2/8 (with maybe 60 or 70 pulls on Zek’voz we got close before people started to stop playing) :: (Aggramar server)
Legion:
- Antorus: 11/11 Heroic :: (Aggramar server)
- Tomb of Sargeras: 11/11 Heroic & 2/9 Mythic :: (Silvermoon server)
- The Nighthold: 10/10 Heroic & 7/10 Mythic :: (Silvermoon server)
- Trial of Valor: 3/3 Heroic :: (Silvermoon server)
- The Emerald Nightmare: 7/7 Heroic & 6/7 Mythic (If I’m not wrong 4 of those was after nerfs/new raid out) :: (Silvermoon server)

- In Warlords I clear most of it in mythic / heroic but it was by the end of it when I come back to wow and maybe some at the start of legion. :: (Silvermoon server)

- In vanilla WoW I did mostly pvp, just occasional raids but by the end I was more focus on pve /raid. I started to raid serious during the Burning Crusade until I left in WotLK. During this period I was raiding end-game content and did most of it (pre-nerf or new raids) except when I made a break. :: (in Ajzol Nerub server)
Note, I also did a lot of raiding in SWTOR as a melee dps, where I clear all the hard and most of the nightmare modes for about 3-4 years more less.

What was your favourite WoW boss and why?:
Recently, Star Augur in Nigh old mythic mode. Why? humm a hard fight, require a lot of coordination and awareness but in a way controllable to point, not just RNG or on-shot damage mechanics. Really enjoy that fight.
An old Boss I enjoy a lot the Phoenix boss in Tempest Keep raid during BC.

What do you expect from raiding with us?:
Well the most important is to have fun and a good time. Probably a bit serious sometimes but as long as it's calm and putting the emphasis on the challenges and not on 'dramas’. I'm expecting mature people both funny and keen to enjoy the game content. I'm not against younger people as long as the environment it’s good, all cool. It's basically what I'm looking for. Some level of challenge in end game content, have a good time playing the game and hopefully get to know different people -)
As I mention I’m still in Aggramar server. I’m planing to change server if my application it’s approved. I wouldn’t consider expend money to change server if I didn’t thought I wouldn’t find a good and stable community for the ‘long term’ this is one of the things I’m looking for to.

Are you sure you have read the rules thoroughly? (this is of course not a trick question):
Yes

How do you feel about our approach to BoEs? (you have read the rules, right?):
To be honest this is not a "no question" situation for me. It makes perfect sense to have BoE donated to guild bank, special if guild is providing the flasks/food. I completely agree with the rule about it.

Optional bonus: Would you like to show us your UI? (paste a postimage.org link):
Raid UI with cd's stuff: https://i.postimg.cc/MpsN8xCx/Wo-WScrn-Shot-011119-233325.jpg Normal UI: https://i.postimg.cc/RhjNNj6D/Wo-WScrn-Shot-011119-231651.jpg

Optional bonus: Can you link some recent logs?:
(Some mythic uldir) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wb23FZzNa8ghKkym#type=summary&boss=-2&difficulty=0 :: (Wipe fest at Zek’voz mythic) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/b6A4FLz1KYZmkfqV#boss=-2&difficulty=0&wipes=1&type=damage-done :: (Older stuff from legion Antorus) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nvWXaty7ZdQ4RpVm#type=damage-done&fight=6 :: (G’hunn Heroic, not sure but think is the first kill) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7Vva2qNpfRXKDQyB/#fight=last&type=damage-done

We use Discord during raids. Do you have a microphone and are you comfortable using it?:
Yes I have and I'm comfortable using it.

What is the best video game of all time? Not including WoW::
Humm I enjoy Dragon Age a lot, elder scroll Morrowind was good to but probably the best game of all time it's simply packman!

Describe the role of your main spec in a raid. (Please don't simply say Tanking, Healing or Dpsing):
As a dps in the a raid, for me first thing is to stay alive and try to have a good damage output. Keep an eye for mechanics to try to mitigate unavoidable damage with defensive cd’s and give my best to avoid what can be avoid. Also it’s important to keep my fingers ready for interrupts and try to be consistent in positioning and awareness. Lastly but one of most important is to understand what the group is doing, ask if need to and be in sync with other raid members, well as best as possible no one is perfect -)

If you could change one thing in Wow, what would it be and why?:
Intresting question. At this point everyone could change millions of things in wow, I’m going to avoid going into current Bfa problems.
One of the things I would change maybe raid system (maybe not even possible anymore), it feels pointless to have 4 dificult modes of the same Boss’s. Normal and heroic would be fine for me. Heroic maybe a bit harder and give longer time progressing with better rewards. I would try to release more than one raid in the same tier to make the older raid more meaningful. Giving chance to progress in different direction and not just been ‘stuck’ at a boss in mythic to the point people get frustrated and stop playing the game. Why? To have more flexibility and maybe give the sensation to people of achieving a more meaningful reward at the end of a boss or raid.
I would also change how the information related to PTR are release to the public. Even before a patch is ready we have everything out in wowhead, mmo, forums, channels, etc. It’s completely ridiculous to me see next Patch all explained and illustrated, have tutorials and so one, sometimes even Before we start to raid the current patch. Nothing is new anymore, there’s no sensation of, how will it be? No teasing, or building expectations, just a major patch release and everyone already know what they will play. Makes no sense to me honestly, I’m not saying not to release info just the way it is feel wrong to me.

Optional: Where do you get information about your class theorycrafting from?:
For my class most on discord and Icy Veins, mmo-champion, bloodmallet & raidbots, some wowhead and some videos now and then. Raid stuff also wowhead, mmochampion, some video channels, discord, etc

Optional: please leave your battletag in case one of the officers need to speak with you regarding the app.:
lempiart#2740 and Thank You for your time reading my application! -)

Itarildë
Guild Master

re: APPROVED - App: hamary - by Goneril*

Thank you the application, very impressive. We will discuss it and get back to you soon.

hamary
Raider

re: Something I forgot to write!

Ups! I forgot the magic words "ActaAleaEst" !

Audaces fortuna adiuvat! -)

Mickjagger (danny)
Raider

Nice application m8.

good luck!

Hello Hamary,

your application has been accepted, please feel free to whisper an officer ingame for an invitation. Anistria(aka) Ragebarr will be your role officer and he will help you get settled in : )

Good luck with your trial!

If you need me, feel free to poke me at Goneril#2442

When you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.
hamary
Raider

Hey,

Thank you for the opportunity! Hopefully I will be up for the challenge -)

I will proceed with the server transfer tonight and give a /w as soon as my character is ready.

Cheers for the support guys!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Acta Non Verba Forum Index -> Guild Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum